Wednesday, December 2

13.1...THE NUMBER OF MISERY

Only 3 days to go. 72 hours. I wince as I think about that. Since I have been out of town the past two weeks, my training has sort of gone with it. I am, however, proud admist all my running that I prevented my competitive streak from kicking in. I think my body appreciates it too. I really just wanted to have fun with the race, yet I am beginning to think that there is a fine line between being ruthlessly competitive, having fun, and being miserably out of shape. I might be a little too far on the out of shape side. We will see.

So I will be running this Saturday morning, that ominous half marathon, hoping to complete it. The fact that it is a week after Thanksgiving, seems an erroneous decision on their part. Pounds of turkey, stuffing, and pie might just be the things that prevent me from making it those last few miles. My plan for counteracting this is with energy gummies and THE perfect ipod running playlist. (yes, one that includes "Party in the USA" every few songs hah)

Typically, my goal would have been to run it in under 2 hours. However, considering my mindset about the whole thing, my real goal is to just run it...and not die.

1 comment: