Wednesday, March 10

TEN

If you know me well at all, you know that I have this thing with the number ten. It's a childhood quirk that never left...and has been reinforced due to my friend Katie who shares the same obsession with the number.

So today as I was sitting waiting for an hour to meet someone at the printing shop, I was bored and was playing with my phone. I have a very basic one here in Cambodia (although it does have a flashlight which is REALLY handy) Anyways, I was looking at the calendar because it doesn't have a lot of features. I had to make due with my inbox and calendar. Getting to the point...sorry its hard to think straight in heat...

I noticed it was the 10th of March which is the 10th week of 2010. Something I never would have noticed except for my boredom waiting. So in honor of being more optimistic and thankful..and for the fact that I had the best day today that I have had in a while....

Here are 10 great things about today:

1. I rode my bike for the first time to the market this morning which beats walking 6 blocks in the heat. Oh, and I didn't get killed riding it...another positive!

2. I was semi-successful in haggling at the market for a frying pan. This is progress from my lame efforts before.

3. I got another thing checked off my list...a copy of the key for the lock at the gate. Now I don't have to feel bad coming in late (and by late I mean past 8:30) and wake the Khmer family downstairs

4. I have help opening the shop. And the BEST people ever..and project manager and a shop teacher who can do any construction things I need.

5. I had the most amazing pumpkin curry soup this afternoon. I think it is sort of surprising, but pumpkin is pretty common around here.

6. We actually made really good headway in the shop today...FINALLY!! Now I can breathe...

7. I HAVE INTERNET!! (which is why I am blogging..and partly because everyone I know is sleeping)

8. I am going to get pizza tonight!

9. I am getting tan! ..well at least today was the first day someone commented on it. I always feel white compared to everyone else here

10. AND I have the most exciting travel plans this weekend to Kep with some friends here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment