Monday, April 19

ELABORATION

Consider this part two. Part one was brief...part two probably won't be. It is easy to make a general statement about life, but elaboration is a little more difficult for me. I am one of those people that is horrible at giving examples when I try to explain something. Oh well, here I go...

This trip to Cambodia has been so great in so many ways. I have enjoyed my time so much here. But as my time is coming to an end, I am realizing the questions that have surfaced here about life and people have not been answered. If I knew the right ways to handle situations, I would do it.

Yet what is the right answer to the consistent begging I see everyday? Am I just supposed to walk by? Give all that I have? I don't have this answered.

What do I do when I learn of dishonesty and abuse happening in secret? Am I supposed to say something? Do I hope someone else exposes it? I don't have this answered.

This type of grey is what bothers me. I know I am supposed to "love my neighbor", but what does loving others look like in those situations? The complexities of life and people and circumstances seem to cloud out the answer.

So where does all this leave me? Sitting...as time passes by. That isn't what I want. I want to make a difference! I want to help! If only I could figure out answers...

No comments:

Post a Comment