Thursday, August 27

CRAFTINESS

There is a difference. It can easily be mistaken. I understand.

But I am not crafty...at least when it comes to crafts. I know that graduating with an interior design degree means that I should be creative in all aspects. But I am not. Yes, I could tell you the best sort of wall material to use or how far apart outlets should be placed. However, the design of a bulletin board, or a fun craft to make...I am at a loss. I don't know where to begin or what to do.



This all came rushing at me last night. I think partly because my ideas are so over the top. And reality sometimes pales in comparison. You see, I had to decorate a room for a Christmas theme last night. I know..Christmas in August. Actually kind of fun. And I definitely listened to my new Christmas tunes on the way to work this morning too. But how I pictured my room turning out...was somewhere along the lines of how Buddy decorated the toy shop in the movie Elf. Yeah, I realize this is not possible for one person to do in an hour. But that was my vision nonetheless. Mine turned out a little more Charlie Brown than anything else..my puny strand of half working lights and my tiny little tree were all the room had going for it. A little sad. And NOT at all what I pictured.

So how does one go about become craftier? Maybe practice. Maybe its natural. I don't know. But I am slightly envious of all those teachers out there that can bust out craft after craft...

1 comment: