Wednesday, August 26

NOT ME

So I am getting a little sick of always writing about myself. I mean that can get a little redundant after a while...lets face it...I am not domestic but I sure do try. Alright, moving on...


So today I am going to take a break from talking about my endeavors and talk about the inspiration I get from others.



First and foremost, I think it is apparent that this blog has been inspired by none other than that manly voiced, slightly criminal, avid animal lover Martha Stewart. There is much that I could say about this woman. I mean, come on, she is one of the most powerful, influential women in the world. But I believe you all are aware of how drastically she has shaped domestic life for us. No thinking is required..just to go to her website where you can download checklists, tips, recipes, and anything you would ever want or need. Martha is the closest thing to a life coach for me...she has an answer for almost every question I have.

But like I said I am not going to ramble on all day about Martha, I want to get to the other inspirational figures in my life...


My mom. Yes, maybe that goes without saying, but my mom definitely inspires...or maybe more so amazes me at all that she does. We were talking about cookies this weekend, and she mentioned how a lot of kids, even some that came over to our house growing up, had never had cookies made from scratch. Shocking!..well at least to me, because these were not just a special treat, but something that was a regular part of my childhood. I have so much to learn from her when it comes to keeping a house up too. Compare her bathroom with mine...yes..lots to live up to. But nonetheless, I am grateful for the time I have with her to soak up information...just like Martha says, “I'm not a sponge exactly, but I find that something I look at is a great opportunity for ideas.” ...And I definitely look to my mom!





Next. My friend Katie. Yes, maybe this is a stretch, but she did win the award out of all my friends for "Best Friend Mom". The second you meet her you know that she will take care of you..mainly because she instantly places a tea mug in your hand. (I partly blame her for my obsession with tea.) But man, does she know how to throw a party or shower! Seriously, I used her help and ideas so much earlier this summer when two of my good friends got married. Countless ideas, creative decorations, themes, sample invitations, you name it. She is a wealth of information! So she definitely earns a spot on my inspiration list.


Another source for domestic inspiration...several of my friends are amazing cooks! They inspire me by those that suggest amazing recipes and by those whose food I have tasted...and it is AMAZING! I hope that someday I can be as proficient in the kitchen as they are!!


So I think that sums it up...well as best as I can in a simple blog post because of course there are countless others that inspire me, but I will leave it at that today because thankfully..I actually have some work to do this morning.

1 comment:

  1. wow, you and Katie are really rolling out the blog posts. impressive.

    Soon to be added to your list of domestic inspiration....Reggie! ;)

    ReplyDelete