Saturday, September 26

HOME IMPROVEMENT

Following directions is not always the way I like to approach a project. I am a rule breaker in the most innocent of ways...which I realized while working on my latest project. My room has been severely lacking for quite some time now. You would think as an interior designer that my room would be out of control amazing. Yep. So not the case. You see, my room is more my guinea pig. I try out the things I would not be willing to try if I knew I had to live with them forever, but considering I only have 3 more months in this little space, there is no holding me back.

So now I have probably led you to believe that I have constructed some sort of space ship or whatnot in my room..when in reality..it is just something I picked up from the local target. You will learn whenever I refer to my room being adventurous, I am almost always referring to the "passionfruit" paint on the walls. (And yes, I do buy paint based on the name.) So anyways, back to my latest domestic endeavor. No cooking or mending this time. It was about time for some home improvement. And every time I think of "home improvement", I always think of the tv show with its quirky characters like Al and my previous dream boyfriend...JTT (sigh). However, unlike those experienced craftsmen, this was my first attempt to build anything...at least anything that will be usable and functional.

So from start...(note: that is MY tool kit..every diva's gotta have one)


to finish...


I love my new bookcase and the fact that my room seems a little more like a room and not like I just moved in. Finally!

1 comment: