Wednesday, October 21

POWER TOOLS

I want a cordless drill. I did not trust myself to actually use it tonight to hang my new wall art, but how cool and tough does having and using your own drill sound! I say...fierce! That is my kind of hobby. I like thinking I am super tough..and a cordless drill would help my cause, because my skinny little arms just don't seem to do it. Although, in my defense, I lifted about 100 40lb. boxes at work today. Gotta keep up with those architects. Hah. Not a usual part of my job description, but let me say, I am glad I have been doing some weight training lately. Otherwise, that could have been, potentially, very embarrassing.



So what you see photographed here is another attempt to actually put something up on my walls. Like I have stated, I am horrible about taking the time and money to decorate my room. So since my beloved Jim (from my favorite show of all time - The Office) poster came down, I needed to put something on my bare walls. And yes, I know you may be thinking I am a little old for a boy poster on my wall...but I have legitimate reasons I promise! Ones I will not bore you with now...


So I learned tonight, finally, after my completed window had been sitting in my room for a week, how to actually hang something on a wall. I learned about wall anchors, hangers, screws, and last but not least, cordless drills. It was interesting to actually use some of my education and know what the walls are made of, how thick they are, about how far the studs are located, etc. Not that any of that is of real significance, but hey, at least those pieces of information related to something in real life. Not like learning all those complex math equations or the periodic table.

Now let's just pray that there is not an earthquake, like the one that is predicted here in Memphis, because that window above my head...probably not the best placement. (Insert Dave impression right here...for those of you that know him) Anyways, I am just thrilled to have something on my walls...and best of all, something that didn't cost a penny!

3 comments:

  1. it looks awesome and i love the dave comment.. haha! What did you put on the glass? Leave it to you to add your own personal touch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used white paint on the back of the glass...very simple and easy!

    ReplyDelete