Thursday, July 1

A HOT MESS

C
So to ease into my new healthy eating...and before I hit up the grocery. I decided to start with a sweet treat. Oatmeal cookies are about as healthy as cookies can be. And the minimal amounts of flour and white sugar compared with oats and brown sugar gave me just the convincing I needed.

The thing I love about homemade cookies is how simple they are to make. It takes no time at all to whip up the batter. I still hold my breath with each batch because I know how precise you have to be when baking. And I am all about a pinch here and a bunch there. (that is a recipe for disaster) This book is really what I need to understand when you should add the eggs, what you should keep separated, etc. I just look at the directions as a way to dirty another pan, but there is probably a reason to separate bowls. Rules, rules...

I at least know I get close enough to the recipe that they are edible. And that is exactly what they were. So edible...so ooey, gooey good that I ate half the batch because it all fell apart. And we all know crumbs cannot be left. Suffice to say it was a hot mess! But a good one at that!


This recipe can be found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment