Tuesday, July 6

MIDAS AND SALSA


Once upon a time...well in the books I read, there was a king who had the golden touch. Midas was his name. Literally, everything he touched turned to gold. This appeared to be the greatest talent...until his stomach started growling. Yep..that's going to be a problem. Because as he reached for his food...that too turned to gold. And he couldn't eat.

This is the best comparison to how I feel today. There are these beautiful ingredients in my kitchen. Bright green, juicy limes, perfectly shaped tomatoes, and crisp sprigs of cilantro. All appetizing until I touch them. Unfortunately, the things I touch don't turn into gold. If that were the case at least I could sell them and make some money. (Granted, I would have someone else handle my money) Instead, I just end up with salsa that tastes remarkably close to a cleaning product. I am starting to think it may be these tomatoes I got. Deceptively beautiful. Let's hope...otherwise my domestic career has just come to a crashing halt.

Ok, sorry, I just couldn't resist with today's photo! It just made me laugh...

1 comment:

  1. This is my salsa (& guacamole) recipe. Don't give up yet! Sometimes it's the "unseen/unknown" ingredients that make all the difference. http://consciousmama-stephi.blogspot.com/2010/04/guacamole-salsa.html

    ReplyDelete