Monday, January 17

DIVAS' GOTTA WORK


Part of being a domestic diva, well, one without a sugar daddy, means that a majority of my time is spent at work. Therefore, I am going to give you a little peek into my life. Better sit down, it is that thrilling. And when I say sit down, it's for fear you might fall asleep standing....

Anyways, the good news is there is something about being the confines of a cubicle or office that inspires me to write. The Sojourns of Simple Office Staff. You see, I have a title and everything.

So today, I finally drew a comparison between "the rat race" that is so often referred to in the business world and my daily office life. My new office has cubicles and walls twisted in ways that create a little maze every time I get up or return from my desk. I feel like a mouse or rat being tested to see if I can find my way to where I need to go. Now I realize this is not the meaning that was originally intended with that phrase. See I am not trying to make my way up the corporate ladder, but simply trying to return to my seat with bumping into any walls or smacking into another person. Both of which are very real possibilities. My job is laced with danger, uncertainty, and suprises. Thrilling, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment