Saturday, January 22

JUST DO IT


So maybe I am stealing Nike's catch phrase, but I'm not going to lie, it's pretty catchy. And very appropriate for today. When I first started this blog, there were certain domestic things I hated. I would avoid at all possible. Mainly...mending. Ugh, even the word makes me shudder. How can that be fun?! I even tried creating a mending kit to inspire me. But today, only a couple days after discovering a hem coming undone, that shirt is already fixed and ready to wear again. It took about 5 minutes. No big deal.

I like to think (or hope) that this is an actual broader implication that I am not letting myself create excuses for things that need to be done or even things I want to do. For example, I am now planning a trip to New York in February. I am almost embarrassed at how long I have wanted to go to city and never have. Try...over 10 years! Yeah, pretty ridiculous. Now, I have been tempted to postpone it again. I mean New York, February. Probably not the most enjoyable time to walk around the city. But at this rate, if I keep putting it off...I will never make it there. Or the other million things I want or need to do. Sometimes I think it's easy to wait for the most ideal circumstances. But let's face it, in this unpredictable, snowstorm kind of world, beggars can't be choosers. I have a free flight and I'm gonna go somewhere I've always wanted to go! NYC here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment