Monday, October 12

THE ART OF ADDITION


So I had a lengthy weekend. Not just two days but four. All this time off from work has honestly been...nice. Granted when I get my paycheck in a couple of days, I may not be saying the same thing. However, one of the things I love most about weekends is breakfast. It is always different from my rushed, grab what I can, eat in the car sort of breakfast I find myself eating during the week. This weekend, with a friend, I made "melt-in-your-mouth" pancakes...per the Bisquick box...and scrambled eggs. There are no photos of myself and Hannah as we cooked because a) who wants an early morning photo published on the web and b) i need a camera! Now I have made pancakes before but never realized the "difference" that it makes to add vanilla and sugar to the standard pancake recipe. Apparently this is what creates that melt in your mouth quality. Did they melt in my mouth? No. I had to chew. Did they taste any different? Not that I could tell. Although I don't suppose I have the most refined taste buds. But the idea...brilliant. That is my goal. Knowing what to add to change a recipe and having the skill to combine different ingredients. Experimentation. Creativity. All with a successful outcome. Not like the combination Buddy makes for spaghetti in the movie Elf. I don't want to repulse others with my conglomerations. And not combinations akin to meatloaf or goulash (don't know how to spell that). Those sort of meals kind of gross me out. The ones where you empty the contents of your fridge in a pan and heat. No thanks. Mystery meat...mystery meal. Who honestly wants mystery when it comes to food??

1 comment:

  1. Was that really our meal we made? It's makin me hungry, and so is that chicken caper dinner...yummy-yummy

    ReplyDelete