Friday, October 30

TOO BUSY FOR BLOGGING

So I know I promised no marathon post...but I ran out of time this week. So in effort to fit everything in, this post will be rather concise. And I will try to keep my quirky anecdotes to a minimum. Darn, right?! Hah.

So I left off on Friday...after completing my meal. The rest of the night was spent making these creations...


This was the first time I got to bake with my friend Heather. We had so much fun trying to make our pumpkin cakes somewhat resemble the cover of Southern Living. What they don't tell you: Twisting and shaping caramel hurts! My hands were bright red after just a few leaf and vine creations.


I wasn't done with cooking though...this last weekend I also made Creme Brulee. I had to make do without a torch, so I broiled mine instead. Not as pretty once complete, but still tasted amazing! However, I don't know that I will ever be able to eat it in the same way...now that I know the ingredients. I figured it was bad for you, just didn't realize it was SO bad I gain weight just thinking about the recipe. Sigh, if only...if only bad food was good for you. That would make my french fry obsession so much better!


Enough about french fries and wishful thinking though, got to stay on track...so back to what I have been doing. I, also, as of tonight, made my first journal/planner. Monumental, for sure! I am hoping to learn enough about it to start selling my designs. So here is my very special, first stab at any sort of book making.


I just wanted a simple, small planner to keep everything straight. Nothing to big or bulky, but just something to write down random commitments and things I need to do.


And that is it for now. I am headed out of town for the weekend..and depending on the sucess of my halloween costume/what I look like, I just might, possibly post some pictures...I am "making" that too..or at least attempting. But I have lots to do since I am leaving to go out of town in the a.m. and have yet to start on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment