Monday, November 2

WEEKEND UPDATE

This weekend was a much needed break from the predictability of my life in Memphis. I need those sort of trips every now and then. And what better place than Franklin, TN. I would highly recommend a visit there for any holiday. They have festivals for every season. It ends up being something akin to what you would see on Gilmore Girls - so fun! This weekend, I made it to Pumpkin Fest. I also came home with a few items from my trip...several were very domestic.

1. I got a Cambodia travel book..very helpful in learning about the country I am headed to!

2. I got some tea. Well technically it isn't tea, it's an herbal infusion drink, but it is amazing. It is one of those that, gasp, I don't add milk and sugar to. It has its own distinct and delicate flavor with this really cool after-taste that needs nothing added to it. I love it! It is called Cool Mint Tisane.

3. My favorite purchase by far was a splurge purchase...mainly because I try not to buy anything considering I am just part-time right now. But I couldn't resist...I got THE cutest apron from Anthropologie. That happens to be my favorite store, but unfortunately I am not the demographic they target. I need a few more digits in my income for shopping sprees there. Nevertheless, I pretended I had tons of money to spend and bought this..



So not only did I come away with some great items. I also bought one more today...another cookbook. This one was recommended to me by my friend Allyn, who I stayed with this weekend. She is one of the best cooks I have ever met. And hopefully this cookbook will be the last one I purchase...



So let me just tell you what I got to eat this weekend...
For dinner, a Polish recipe with sausage, onion, and tomato roasted with balsamic vinegar and other aromatics. For breakfast, chocolate croissants...and the most AMAZING bacon I have ever tasted. Seriously unparalleled.

I can't leave off Halloween. I did finish my outfit. The theme for the party I went to was "creepy enchanted forest". I was a creepy tree and here is a photo. You can't tell very well from this photo, but I also made my hair a nest and have a black bird in it too...

1 comment: