Monday, November 23

NEVER

It is finished. The last of my "I'll never (insert action here)"s was completed this weekend. I will never say never again!! I used to pride myself in my firmness of sticking to my resolutions. But now that I am in the middle of half marathon training, moving to another country, and not using my degree. I think it is about time to accept reality. Because, you guessed it, all of those things I said I would not do.

The last promise I made to myself was never to shop at Hobby Lobby again. I know you craft fans out there may not understand my reasoning, because as far as selection, they honestly have the best stuff. So let me explain how I got to this point...

I used to be a frequent Hobby Lobby shopper. I went there all throughout college because it was the closest store to my house and they had all the things I would need for my projects. So I bought most of my art supplies at their store. The problem was that I seemed to always run into trouble. First dilemma was that they have a very generic checkout system that doesn't describe the item on the receipt but just lists the price. This isn't a problem until you want to return a discounted item. Well, I had a lot of returns. And they got away countless times with only giving me half of what I spent. And I could not prove the price due to their sub-par receipt information. Talk about frustrating. Not to mention that the lines in their stores seem to move at a sloth-like pace. This is not ideal for the speedy shopper that I am. To watch the lady in front of me unload her hundreds of tiny bead packages still makes me cringe. Where is the express line at a place like that? So to top all this off, I also got to experience the most annoying and even outwardly rude employees I have ever met in my life. So when I am insulted, ripped off, and slowed down. There is NO way I would EVER set foot in that store again! EVER!

Except this weekend...

I spent the weekend with my best friend in Jackson. We ended up going to Hobby Lobby to look for some Christmas decorations for her new house. To actually go in the store, was not a big deal to me considering I didn't suggest it. The fact that I bought things...that was not as easy to swallow. However, the items I got (for Christmas presents) were so cute I couldn't, even in my determined hate of the store, pass them up. So here I am...giving in to the last thing I vowed I would never do.

In response to all these events, here's my revised "I will never" list (hopefully my trend continues):
I never will to go to Italy
I never will win money
I never will accept a free trip to the beach

Oh, and cooking adventures and pictures from my weekend to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment