Thursday, November 19

SIMPLICITY


I have always considered myself a pretty simple person. My favorite magazine is Real Simple. And my excessive purging habits have helped me achieve this. Yet, I am in the process of cleaning my room. Putting away clothes that have been sitting there clean for over a week. Carving once again a path from my door to my bed. One that has been overridden with stuff. Lots of stuff. As few possessions as I feel I have, the fact that I am going to have to pack up my life in two suitcases has made me reevaluate simplicity. Just take my shoes for instance. I can't take the 30 I own. I thought settling in on just 10 would be a reasonable compromise. But reality is, I only need a few. Not 10. Not 30. And when I narrow down my selection to my top favorites. I am happy with what I have...until I uncover the huge basket of shoes that didn't make the cut. It is just interesting to me that I can live simply until I have to option of having more. My life would really not be that sad if I just had 5 shoes to choose from. Honestly, I have worn the same pair for the last 4 days. I really think I would be fine. But it is hard to give all that up. All that you have worked for and endlessly scoured store after store to find. (For those that like to make fun of my pickiness, go ahead and insert your impression of "Oh my gosh...I love it so much! It is so meee!") Yet how hypocritical if I can give up my life and dreams, and yet can't give up a few pairs of shoes. Will someone just come to my house and take all my stuff??

2 comments:

  1. ahahah this blog is so... soo YOU!!! It's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that... it's what I love about you!! :)

    ReplyDelete