Monday, December 14

THE PARTY


So the Christmas party last week was a success! It was so fun to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while. And any event that includes a plethora of desserts cannot fail! Here was our 10 days...or 10 desserts:



{1} cranberry apple crisp: the only thing I had actually made before..even though I "messed" it up by adding double the amount of sugar. I tend to forget to half stuff unless I write it on the actual recipe...but with cranberries, I don't think too much sugar is possible...



{2} lighter than air chocolate cake: the first cake I have made without flour...I wasn't too sure how this one was going to turn out...


{3} chocolate peppermint cookies: stroooooong chocolate



{4} strawberries: making 9 actual desserts was enough...this was my filler. plus strawberries are my favorite!



{5} key lime tarts: this was in honor of my dear friend and our obsession with limeade chillers from sonic...



{6} lucia bread: this was one of my favorite things I made..not so much because of what it tastes like, but because I remember reading about it in my American Girl dolls books..I had Kirsten and felt like a kid making it. Also, got to use yeast for the first time too...


{7} white chocolate and lemon mousse with strawberries: this one was my favorite and first to disappear...


{8} chocolate chocolate chip cookies: i am still not sure what to write about these. they were pretty hard, but not burned, and chewy on the inside. i don't like them, but my mom did. tough call. and honestly, i am not sure what they are supposed to taste like..but let's just say they are different...


{9} brownies: gotta have this classic...

{10} angel food cake: this made a great pair with #4!

...and that was it. this was A LOT to make. I felt it ended up being a quantity over quality type result. But it was all still edible...and I have learned a lot about eggs. My first time really doing something with them besides scrambling...and thankfully no disasters!!

Now..after pile after pile of dishes..it is time for a break in the kitchen. And back to working on scarves. For those of you in Memphis...you can check them out at Square Beans Coffee Shop in Collierville! (And don't forget my Etsy page) I set up my little area in the coffee shop yesterday which was pretty exciting. Definitely small scale, but fun to actually have something I made displayed and for sale in a store! Now I just need people to buy them!

1 comment:

  1. Dessert #8: My Honest Opinion

    So, I am the type of guy that when given the choice vanilla or chocolate, I will always choose vanilla. I like chocolate, don't get me wrong, but I am a vanilla guy at heart.
    Thus, rarely do I ever eat anything that is double chocolate, such as #8.

    But, I REALLY appreciated the fact that you baked me a cookie! It really is the thought that counts for me and it made my day!

    But, what did I think of it? I tasted the cookie in your car and it was good. But it was VERY chocolaty, so I had to save the rest for later. So, after dinner that evening I poured myself a glass of milk and went in for round 2! And low and behold, the double chocolate cookie followed by a sip of cold milk, fantastic!

    So, that's my true and honest opinion. From a guy who is not a chocoholic, I like the cookie, but I recommend eating that cookie with a nice glass of cold milk for the best experience.

    Thanks again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete