Sunday, January 24

FOCUSED

I didn't realize how focused I am when I work on design stuff until...

This weekend I found myself listening to the same song on repeat for 2 whole hours. Then I realized..wait...I think I heard this before. In my defense, I was listening to Joe Purdy and all his stuff sounds the same. But still...that is ridiculous! It is the same at work. It normally takes me an hour (no exaggeration..sadly) with my earphones in my ears to realize I forgot to turn my ipod on. Half the day it looks like I am listening to music...little does everyone know I can actually hear every conversation going on.

The more I think about it...I really think I picked up this bad habit in college working on my projects. I would forget about eating, going to the bathroom...all those basic things you have to do to live. Well...I wouldn't forget. I just wouldn't process anything other than what I was working on so it took me several hours of "thinking" about it...before I made the connection that I should actually do it. It is kind of pitiful when I think about it. Although, that kind of focus is intense! Hah. Now if only I could move objects just by focusing on them...

Well all my attention the past few days has been on getting everything together for the shower I threw my sister in law today! I was so glad I got to do some baby stuff with her before I leave. Pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment