Wednesday, January 27

I CELEBRATE V-DAY



I don't know why it is this way. But it just is. I love Valentines Day. It probably is my favorite holiday. I know, I know. There are a lot of V-Day haters out there. And I completely understand your reasoning...but hear me out.

I agree that forcing romantic gifts is not very romantic. I agree that it puts unnecessary pressure on you if you have a significant other. I agree it can pronounce your lack of love if you don't have a significant other. Singles awareness day as some like to refer to it. BUT...

I like it because:

1. I like hearts. I didn't realize how much until I recently discovered an old notebook of mine full of hearts and "i love hearts" written all across the page. Apparently this is a love that goes back to age 7.

2. It is the closest holiday to my birthday...and has provided several birthday party themes over the years. I didn't get a cool February birthday like the 29th..so I liked to pretend that I was a Valentines baby.

3. My dad gives me a flower every year. And I am a sucker for traditions.

4. Target comes out with the cutest decorations. I caved and bought this cup a couple weeks ago. I am also the owner of a blanket from a previous Valentines. I think it brings out my inner super girly side. If it has hearts on it...I secretly want it.


5. I like to look at it as a day to show love to EVERYone! I have celebrated other years by giving valentines to the elderly, foster kids, sick kids. Love is great..and should be celebrated.

Maybe these in themselves are not the most convincing reasons to participate in this holiday...but they are the things that make me excited for February 14th to roll around. I can guarantee you I won't be wearing black. (although, I also refuse to wear holiday colors on the actual holiday...so you won't see me in pink or red either)

Happy Early V-Day!! I love ALL my readers!

3 comments:

  1. My sister was born Feb. 29, 1984.

    My Valentine's Day tradition is that I just act like it is a normal day. I don't celebrate it, but I don't hate it either. I just kind of ignore that it is any different that the 13th or the 15th.

    This year's Feb. 14 will definitely be a unique one for you & the start of a great adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Valentine's Day, too. Looking forward to celebrating at the airport with you this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am totally with you...i have never even shared valentines day with a valentine...but it is a day full of love and when i go to stores and see hearts everywhere i can not help but be happy :)

    ReplyDelete