Sunday, January 3

THE PRE-PACK


So one of my favorite things about traveling is packing. I think I look at it as the challenge of condensing my life into two little bags...something I consider rather difficult. Well, today I did a "pre-pack" of my trip to Cambodia. Mainly because I have been internally freaking out since Christmas when I saw my new luggage again. It seemed to have shrunk since I picked it out over Thanksgiving. What once were bags I would hardly be able to lift, now look like suitcases that will only be able to hold a towel and pair of shoes. Not quite the wardrobe I was hoping for. I opted for the smaller suitcases thinking they would be easier to manage, especially since I will be traveling alone. Well, nice thought for the first 47 hours of my trip. After that I may be regretting my light travel options. As a girl, one would naturally assume that my clothes and shoes overflow the bags. Reality is my books and journals are what have me worried. I could easily pack an entire suitcase (my larger one) full of just that. However, testing out the size of my suitcases today proved there will be some purging that has to occur. Choices, choices. And those that know me, know my decision making skills. Well, let's just say it is a good thing I am starting now...

No comments:

Post a Comment